Canoethewye.co.uk is the operating name of Canoe the Wye Ltd. We aim to provide the highest standard of customer service and to do this we may on occasions need to collect personal information from you. In doing so, we are committed to protecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of the
General Data Protection regulations (GDPR) 2018. We only collect personal information that you choose to provide voluntarily when using this web site.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you make a booking we request your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number and expiration date. We use this information to process and make your booking.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
In providing this information, you are giving your explicit consent for Canoe the Wye Ltd to collect, process, disclose or transfer and store your personal data for the purposes of fulfilling your requirements or for safety reasons.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information that you provide in the following ways:
- The administration and fulfilment of any contract between us in order to satisfy your requirements.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about canoeing on the River Wye or special offers which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email for market research purposes. We may use the outcomes of this research to improve the services that we offer, to improve our marketing and improve our means of communication.
Disclosing your personal information
Your personal data will not be disclosed to any third-parties except:
- To the extent and the purpose that Canoe the Wye Ltd may be required to do so by any law, legislation, enactment, or safety reason.
- During the period of any hire where in the sole judgment of Canoe the Wye Ltd it is considered to be for the safety or wellbeing of you or any people that we know to be accompanying you.
We may on occasion gather information regarding your computer whilst you are on our website. This enables us to improve our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website for marketing purposes.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Third Party Links
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The GDPR 2018 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. You also have the right to request that we remove your details from our records. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
Updating of policy
We may update this Policy from time to time by updating this page so please return and review this Policy regularly. This policy was introduced on the 25th May 2018.